Kittens… everyone loves a kitten… we help you see the cat.
Years of experience in placing healthy, friendly, beautiful kittens in homes… leads us to do one thing more than anything else.
We listen to what is most sought after in bringing a cat into your home…
.We can say anything, but we strive to give you the proof of our efforts.
- Third party verification
- Powell Vet Clinic
- On site verification of any and all testing (see each adult page)
- Health guarantee
- Letters of Reference
- Open visitation: visitors see and handle all of the cats and kittens
- Photos and videos of the kittens
- In depth analysis of what you are wanting
- Award winning cats
In order to assure you of the very best A-Kerr’s Bengals is constantly researching, writing, leading the way in making sure that we are transparent and verifiable. It is one thing for us to tell you we do something, but we go out of our way to get third party verification. If we are not willing to put the effort into responding effectively to you, we will stop breeding. That simple.
Health. All testing is either on site or available from our veterinarian, Powell Vet Clinic.
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) is tested for in the adults. This is done by a Veterinary Cardiologist and is done in the time line advised by the specialist. (the actual test results are posted)
- Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) tests are done for genetic conditions known:
- We test all adults for Tri Trichomanas Foetus and test the mothers of each litter for it as well. We also test randomly kittens and other cats for all sorts of parasites and organisms.
- Each kitten is seen by the veterinarians at least 3-4 times prior to release. These records are given to you, and your veterinarian has full access to all records through A-Kerr’s veterinarians.
- Veterinarian recommended schedule for vaccines followed.
- Kittens are not available for choosing until six weeks of age after the first vet visit, and do not leave the Kerr home until they are at least 12 weeks of age.
- Pet kittens (not for breeding) are spayed and neutered before they leave here. This is for their health and your peace of mind.
- A high quality diet is fed that is mostly animal protein and not grain.
- Our facilities are designed for the cats and kittens to thrive.
- Annual cattery inspection. Outstanding Cattery and Bengal Breeder of Distinction.
Temperament. Litter-ally from our hands to yours.
- We select for temperament in the adults… the parents have to allow us to handle them or they are not in the breeding program.
- Mother’s are acclimated and welcome our handling of the babies through the birth process and as they grow. This bonds the kittens to the human touch and smell from the onset.
- Kittens are videotaped, photographed and everything put on line for you to watch them grow and participate in the changing coat patterns and colors. You educate your eye, your wants, and see the health for yourself as well as the handle-ability of every kitten as it matures. This allows you to feel a part of the process. I will also do comparison photos and videos for you, and suggest to you the kitten I feel best meets your wishes.
- Visitors become a part of the socialization process by picking up babies and playing with them. An important part of trust.
Appearance. Awards, yes… but the breath taking beauty is evident on first site!
- The videos walk you through the development, explain what you are seeing and what you will see in the years to come. With the parents and aunts/uncles here, you see the cat to be.
- We have won so many awards over the years, that the nursery is a “banner room” filled with the ribbons and streamers… Rosettes of the ribbon kind as well as the spotting!
- We follow the Bengal Breed Standard and register all kittens with The International Cat Association.
Most of all, we listen to you. I breed these cats because of you. They change your life and as many have noted, our relationship with animals make us human.